This is our go-to slaw recipe which we're always taking to dinner parties! Super quick to throw together, tasty and nutritious.
1/2 cabbage (red or white)
1 small red onion
1/4 C Almond Butter
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
3 Tbsp gluten free soy sauce or Tamari Sauce)
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1/4 C olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
Finely chop cabbage and red onion and mix together in a large bowl.
For the dressing, add all remaining ingredients to a seperate bowl and mix until smooth. Pour dressing over cabbage, toss well and sprinkle over chopped almonds. Serve and enjoy!
- 4 bananas, (2 1/2 cups mashed)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (or Cashew Almond Butter)
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter (melted), can substitute for coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free or homemade)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2C dark chocolate chips or blueberries (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees celcius
- Combine your bananas, eggs, almond butter, and coconut oil in a blender, food processor or mixing bowl and mix well (if using a mixing bowl you need a good hand mixer).
- Once all of your ingredients are blended, add in your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, and sea salt and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips or blueberries if using.
- Pour your batter into greased and lined tin
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean
- Remove from oven and flip your bread out onto a cooling rack
- Slice and serve
Hint: try topping it with our Chocolate Hazelnut Butter for the ultimate treat!
Ginger, Walnut & Almond Butter Thumb Cookies
Makes 20-25 cookies
1/2 cup dried dates - soaked for 10 minutes in hot water and drained well
1 cup organic desiccated coconut
1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon good quality vanilla extract - I use Heilala vanilla
generous pinch sea salt
Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius
Place dates and coconut into the food processor and blitz until a rough puree. Add all remaining ingredients and process until well combined and walnuts are roughly chopped.
Roll teaspoons of dough into balls and place onto a lined cookie tray. Use your thumb to create an indent in the centre of each cookie
Bake cookies for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly golden. Cookies will burn quickly so watch carefully
Will store in the fridge for up to four days.
Three Ingredient Almond Butter Fudge
A creamy, melt in your mouth fudge which uses just three healthy ingredients. And there’s no refined sugar or butter in sight! Takes less than 10 minutes to make too.
Makes approx 20 mini cups
1 cup smooth almond butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
Optional: dash Of vanilla essence
Melt almond butter and coconut oil slightly til smooth and runny. Stir through pure maple syrup, vanilla (optional) and mix until fully incorporated.
Divide mixture evenly between mini muffin cups or silicon ice cube moulds, sprinkle with a hint of pink salt and place in the freezer to firm up. These will keep in the freezer for days, weeks even!